Saturday, July 12, 2008

Grandpa Ernie



On Thursday Ben had his 4 year old checkup. The doctor was able to confirm that he is, in fact, handsome, exceptional, brave, friendly, and very very healthy. (Mostly the healthy part, I admit the rest is biased.) Ben had three shots, which was very traditional considering the vaccination schedule that Josh is on. I only declined the chickenpox shot, because, come on, really?


Claire came with us to the doctor's office, which was so nice of her and made it much more convenient. She kept an eye on Josh in the waiting room. Then she took the kids to the playground for about an hour while I went to the grocery store.


Shortly after we got home, Grandpa Ernie showed up for a visit and the kids had a great time hanging out with him, playing music (Ben kept handing my dad spit-covered, disgusting flutes to play, and despite his repulsion, he did indeed play the instrument -- THIS is love!).


My dad stayed at the house while the kids napped and I went to a prenatal appointment. Still pregnant. Still healthy. All good.

No comments: